Friday, January 29, 2010

Fr. Z Considers Purchase of National Catholic Reporter

Father John Zuhlsdorf of WDTPRS fame is in town for our annual Support Our Seminarians dinner. He very kindly stopped by the chancery this morning and offered Mass in our chapel. We took separate cars to meet for lunch as we were heading in different directions afterward. I suggested he drop by the NCR on the way since it is only a block from the chancery. He’s a mischievous fellow. Here’s what I found on his blog later today:

I’ve always wanted to be a landlord

CATEGORY: Lighter fare, SESSIUNCULA — Fr. John Zuhlsdorf @ 3:11 pm

As we were zooming around in Kansas City today, looking at sites, we stopped in at the HQ of the National Catholic Reporter.

The building is actually for sale

They say location is very important and NCR’s building is within sight of the diocesan chancery.

I’d buy it but I hear they have a shaky foundation.

It was great fun to meet to meet him and to attend my first Extraordinary Form Low Mass. Thanks to a good friend who arranged it.

On a separate note, apologies to regular readers here for the sparse blogging lately. I took a long vacation around Christmas time and found I had a lot of non-blog catching up to do since then. Will return in earnest next week, beginning with coverage of Cardinal Schonborn’s visit to Benedictine College in nearby Atchison, Kansas on Sunday.